Monday, July 5, 2010

one week's over!- review

can't believe that I've been in US for one week. Hmm... let's review back what we've done over the week.

The journey started with a more-than-20-hour-flight. I travelled from my hometown to the capital city Kuala Lumpur (4hours) to meet up with the rest of "Malaysian team" and together we headed to Changi, Singapore via MAS airlines (1hour) and to Narita Tokyo (6 hours) ,  Sans Francisco (9 hours) and finally St Louis (2 hours) via United Airlines.





A small incident occured when I found out that my luggage was missing in Sans francisco. This was my very first time encountering such issue and I was totally depressed over it. (Sorry guys that I've been very emo throughout the week.. didn't mean it. T.T)
Anyway I managed to get it back after 7days, thanks to Drew, who really helped a LOT and also Onur. :-)

Well we were given a very warm welcome by the people here- it made me so relieved. Dr. John Foster, Dr. John jackson and the graduate mentors here- ( namely Drew, Joel, Selin, Cary, Jennifer) are S.U.P.E.R friendly and kind! (Honestly I worried a lot before the trip- pretty much stress huh!)  Everything turned out to be so nice that I'm even having a sense of belonging here! :P

Not to forget our participants from Indonesia and Philippines. They are a bunch of cool guys and girls and I'm really honoured to be able to meet them.





In short- cool place, cool uni, cool people- GREAT experience!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment