Thursday, July 8, 2010

Crash Course in Culture

Like what I've said before, the voluntary spirit of the American people is one of the things which influenced me the most during my life in America. We had a chance to pay a visit to the Boys and Girls Club in Carbondale for a 3-hour-volunteer activity. 










Arvin, Farah and me were divided into a small group and we had a talk and discussion with the kids, and they were asking intersting questions such as "How did Kuala Lumpur got its name?", "do you have TV in your place?", "Have you tried McDonald's?" etc. Some of them even taught us how to dance! :) We had games together in the gym and I really wonder how many times I did the piggyride for the kids... Not really easy for an old woman like me!

The kids are adorable, and I really hope that they will grow up healthy and happily...... They will be in my prayers always. :)


Well the next morning after the voluntary work, I was told by Dr.Jackson that three of us were on the university's press- Daily Egytian!!


Well, ehem~ I would like to say thank you to Diana Soliwon from Daily Egytian for featuring my "constipated-looked" expression on the paper. And... hugs and kisses to my fellow classmates for looking at it.
*Deep bow* shy and proud~
(*___*)












No comments:

Post a Comment